What is React
- It was developed by Facebook.
- It follows a component-based architecture, making it easy to develop front-end.
- It help developer to build complex UI , maintaining and updating state accordingly during rendering the web page .
- React is used to build single-page applications as well as Micro front ends.
Pre-requisite for ReactJS
Before starting with React.JS, you should be familiar with :
Understanding How React Work?
- A ReactJS UI is consist of multiple components, every component is responsible for delivering a small chunk, reusable piece of HTML code.
- In React, Everything is component based to build UI.
- These Components can be nested with other components to allow complex applications to be built of simple building blocks
- ReactJS uses virtual DOM to fulfill data in HTML DOM.
- This virtual DOM is responsible for react to work faster as it manipulate only needed changes in virtual DOM and then update the actual browser DOM.
History of React.JS
|2011||Jordan Walke, a software engineer at Facebook, created React.|
|2013||Facebook officially releases React as an open-source project.|
|2015||React Native, a platform for building native mobile apps, is announced by Facebook.|
|2016||React 15.4.0 is released, which introduced some breaking changes.|
|2017||React 16.0 is released with major changes, including Fiber, a complete overhaul of React’s core algorithm.|
|2018||React 16.6 is released with the addition of the new Hooks API.|
|2019||React 16.8 is released with the ability to use hooks in production.|
|2020||React 17.0 is released, focusing on improving the developer experience.|
|2022||Current version of React.JS is V18.0.0|
Note: The history of React.JS is constantly evolving, and this table provides a brief overview of the key milestones in its development.