What is HTML ?
- HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language.
- HTML are used to create and design Web Pages.
- it is not case sensitive language.
Lets write a sample HTML code:
Lets understand the above code:
- The <!DOCTYPE html> provides an instruction to the web browser about which version of HTML has been used. It is the first line of code in an HTML document and is required for the browser to correctly interpret and display the contents of the page.The obove version of HTML is HTML5
- The <html> tag is the container for all the other HTML elements on a webpage. It tells the browser that the document is written in HTML.
- The <head> element contains meta information about the HTML page
- The <title> element gives a title for the HTML page (which is shown in the browser’s title bar or in the page’s tab)
- The <br> tag inserts a single line break.
- The <body> element defines the document’s body, and is a container for all the visible tags, like headings, paragraphs, images, hyperlinks, tables, and lists etc.
- The <h1> element stands a large heading. these tags are headings are defined with the <h1> to <h6> tags where h6 is smallest.
- The <p> element stands for paragraph
Setup HTML file and Run:
- open Notepad for window/ textEdit for Mac.
- paste the sample HTML code written above.
- save the file with sample.html ext and set the encoding to UTF-8 .
- open the sample.html with browser and you can view the page.